Thembani Shipping (Pty) Ltd is the product of 10 years of hard work, dedication and perseverance. May 2017 marked the company’s 10th year of stellar service to its ever-growing list of national and international clients by its growing and diverse employee base.
In celebrating 10 years, Thembani Shipping not only celebrates an anniversary but also its resilience, ability to adapt and grow all encompassed in a never say quit attitude…making it a force to be reckoned with in a time of uncertainties.
Thembani Shipping has weathered the storm of two economic recessions under the watchful guidance of its multifaceted sole director and co-founder Nhlakanipho Thamsanqa Gcaba.
Nhlakanipho Thamsanqa Gcaba, our very own proudly South African leader, has a portfolio of over 20 years’ experience in the shipping industry. Through his leadership and entrepreneurial prowess Thembani Shipping has grown and stabilised into one of the preferred Shipping Agents and with the recent addition of clearing and forwarding to its basket of services, Thembani Shipping is posed to be the ideal service provider-partner in the Shipping industry.
Thembani Shipping has branches and satellites nation-wide at all major ports in South Africa, assuring its customers of our speedy response to the ship agency needs.
Thembani Shipping also has at its disposal a wide range of employees and consultants that boast an array of skills, knowledge and experience. These are individuals who form part of the Thembani family and are consistently striving to ensure that the best service is provided to our clients.
The term Thembani Shipping means Faith and Trust. This is the reputation and ethos that we have spent the last 10 years building. To the extent that our clients have come to expect excellent, trustworthy and reliable services when they engage Thembani Shipping on any of its shipping, customs and related agency needs. This is achieved through continued training and development of its employees, adherence to the relevant quality standards and laws and regulations governing the shipping industry and always keeping abreast of the most recent developments in this fast paced, ever changing environment.
Thembani Shipping was 10 years in the making and in those 10 years it has put together the formula for success. From its leadership to its dedicated employees and consultants, from its national to its international reach, from its ideals to its visions…we can proudly say Happy Anniversary Thembani Shipping and here’s to another 10 years in making this company great.
10 FACTS FOR 10 YEARS
1. Thembani Shipping (Pty) Ltd was officially registered on the 11 January 2007 and began operations in May 2007.
2. Thembani Shipping has branches in Durban, Richards Bay, Mossel Bay, Cape Town and Saldana Bay.
3. Thembani Shipping has over 50 clients across 10 countries.
4. Thembani Shipping has as part of its vision to create opportunities for those who come from Previously Disadvantaged communities and to support social development projects.
5. Thembani Shipping (Pty) Ltd is 100% black owned with a level one contributor status for BBBEE purposes.
6. Thembani Shipping is an approved ISO9001:2008 accredited company and operates in accordance to DNV.GL legislation. Thus ensuring that quality service is also delivered to its clients.
7. In 2016 Thembani Shipping Head Office moved to its new and current residence at Thembani House in Glenwood.
8. Thembani House is within a 10km radius of the Durban port thus ensuring a speedy action and reaction to its clients’ needs is always a reality.
9. In 2017 Thembani Shipping added clearing and forwarding to its basket of services, through its accreditation with the local Customs authority and border post.
10. Thembani Shipping means Faith and Trust!