Company Profile Thembani Shipping
Thembani Shipping (Pty) Ltd is an independent specialist ships agency company which was established in May 2007. The company’s core business is ships agency and related services specializing predominantly in dry and liquid bulk cargo. Thembani shipping has offices in the main South African ports such as Durban, Richards Bay, Mossel Bay, Cape Town, and Saldanha Bay.
Thembani Shipping possesses the expertise in providing integrated logistics solutions revolving around all shipping activities for all types of vessel or all floating units.
Thembani shipping manages the administrative and logistics services for the floating unit (cargo vessel, supply boat, tug, barge, rig, FPSO, crew boat) during its stay in national waters (port area or offshore) and international waters.
Port Call (Ship’s Agency): Thembani shipping organizes the commercial and technical port call.
We execute administrative duties including but not limited to, obtaining Inward and Outward clearances, visit of authorities and settlement of port taxes, and dues relevant to the floating unit.
We can also offer a wide range of services for the floating unit: ship Chandling services, booking of berths, pilotage and tug assistance arrangement, work permits, shore passes.
The birth of Thembani Shipping was made possible by Makana Investment Corporation (MIC), a black owned diversified investment company based in Johannesburg with close ties to the South African government. The South African government has over the past years encouraged economic transformation of business in South Africa through its Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) policies.
Since its inception the company has handled numerous vessels calling various ports in South Africa for loading and discharge of cargoes such as base minerals, iron ore, manganese ore, chrome and ferrochrome, coal, chemicals, crude oil, clean petroleum products and many others. Thembani Shipping expansion into the Clearing and Forwarding market is to provide services as a “One Stop Shop”.
Our staff members have vast experience in shipping agency and related businesses and are well equipped to render quality service to its Clients. The term Thembani Shipping means faith and trust which are the qualities that the company possess. For any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact our various branches.
THEMBANI SHIPPING HAVE OFFICES IN:
Durban, Richards Bay, East London, Gqeberha, Mossel Bay, Cape Town & Saldhana Bay.
- To provide an independent cost effective service to customers;
- To provide reliable, trustworthy service 24/7 throughout South African Ports;
- To develop and provide unique services that meets specific demands of each and every client;
- To be fully accountable and transparent to clients;
- To provide a satisfying and safe productive work environment for all employees;
- To adopt skills transfers programs and also provide a training ground for new entrants to the
- industry commensurate with company volume and in accordance with acceptable social principles;
- To be a leading ships agency and clearing and forward business;
- To develop a partnership relationship with clients;
- Creating opportunities for those who come from Previously Disadvantaged Communities;
- Supporting social development projects;
- Integrity – We aspire to the highest standards of ethical behaviour that demonstrates honesty, fairness and trustworthiness;
- Transparency – All stakeholders can expect that information to which they are entitled is accurate, complete, relevant, timely and presented in such a way as not to misled;
- Ownership – Taking ownership of our customer’s needs and being accountable for delivering friendly and professional service;